It was a long lonely night
Everything seemed out of sight
Just then it came on right
And held me close so tight
It was a thought, a thought so bright
That transformed my darkness into light
I had the power to evade my plight
I had it all to win the fight
“Whatever may come forth, believe in yourself..”
Please forgive me for any formatting errors in this article. I am quite embarrassed to admit that even after 7 years of on and off blogging, I cannot consider myself a laureate blogger. I started this blog in 2009 with a hope to enhance my writing skills and create my own fan following as an author. It did start off well, but with my increasing preoccupation for job and personal affairs, the charm of writing here dwindled. Continue reading
खुला आकाश देख मन कहता है
मुझे भी पंख दो हवा में उड़ने दो
चाहे कठिन हो कितनी भी डगर
हम मंज़िल से मुँह न मोड़ेंगे
चाहे हो कितनी बड़ी चट्टान मगर
हम ना पीछा छोड़ेंगे
चाहे हो ज़मीन आग उगलती
या समंदर की हो उंची लेहरें उछलती
हम ना पीछे देखेंगे
बस आगे बढ़ते जायेंगे
हर मुश्किल के रेगिस्तान में
हम विजय का झंडा लेहराएंगे
How to read:
Khula aakash dekh man kehta hai
Muje bhi pankh do hwa mein udne do
Chahe kathhin ho kitna bhi dagar
Hum manjil se muh na modege
Chahei ho kitni badi chhtaan magar
Hum na picha chodege
Chahe ho jamin aag uaglti
Ya samnder ki ho unchi lehre uchalti
Hum na piche dekhege
Bus age badte jayege
Har mushkil ke registaan mein
Hum vijay ka jhanda lehrayegein
तेज़ दर्द में भी मुस्कुराना सीखा है तुमसे
डगमगाती कश्ती में न थरथराना सीखा है तुमसे
यूँ तो लोग बहादुर कहलाते है जंग लड़के लेकिन
ज़िन्दगी की जंग को लड़ते जाना सीखा है तुमसे
चाहे हो छाए काले बदल या हो छाया घोर अँधेरा
तुमको तो दिख जाता था दूर कही उगता सूरज
क्या कहना तुम्हारे साहस का क्या कहना तुम्हारा धीरज का
तुम्हारा वो मुस्कुरा कर सह लेना चाहे जो हो संकट
सलाम है तुमको चाहे आज तुम मेरे साथ नहीं
दिल में मेरे जीती रहोगी हमेशा जैसे जीती हो आज अभी
कुछ लिखने का मन नहीं है..
फिर भी गुस्ताखी करती हूँ..
सोच का बर्तन नहीं है..
फिर भी शब्द भरती हूँ..
कुछ जाना है.. कुछ पहचाना है..
फिर भी विवरण भरती हूँ..
आप कहें तो एक बार क्या ..
१०० बार फिर वही दोहराती हूँ..
जो हुआ अच्छा अगर. . बुरे वक़्त में उसे याद कर..
मुस्कुराहट भरती हूँ..
और हुआ है बुरा अगर.. तो अच्छे वक़्त के आने का..
इंतजार मैं मुस्कुरा के करती हूँ..
मुस्कुराने में है भला..
रो कर किसी को क्या मिला..
आप ने ये जो भी अभी पढ़ा..
इसको पढ़ के आपके चेहरे पर भी एक हंसी की तमन्ना करती हूँ ..
In yet another chapter of the inspirational book – “अपनी क्षमताओं को पहचानें – स्किप रॉस और कैरोल सी कार्लसन”, I read about the role of enthusiasm in one’s life. Yes, the enthusiasm with which little kinder garten kids ask questions and participate in various activities. It seems that with growing age, all of us have lost the enthusiasm(at least I felt so)!
The word enthusiasm is derived from Greek word enthios which means God resides within us and He creates enthusiasm within us. When we are enthusiastic, it shows in how we work, talk or even walk!
So let us look at various steps to bring enthusiasm in one’s life :
- Do your homework well
Whenever we have to do any work on any subject – be it a simple example of visiting a place, we must get complete information about how to reach, tourist places, what to do, weather and much more to make our trip most enjoyable. Similarly, whenever we want to be enthusiastic about anything, first gather complete information and interest develops and we become enthusiastic.
2. Do every task with full enthusiasm
Our enthusiasm shows in every work we do.
- Walking : An enthusiastic person walks fast and stands straight. If you bend your eyes and shoulders while walking, it indicates you are not enthusiastic.
- Hand Shake : A proper hand shake is one which gently presses the hand. Whenever anyone takes your hand in both his hands, it shows the person respects you and you are special for the person.
- Smile : Yes, smile wins half the battle. A person who keeps smiling becomes the point of attraction for others. We must smile as much as we can and I do not mean laughing or giggling at others. If you are in grief and do not have any reason to smile, try to generate a reason. Look at the mirror and practice for that perfect smile. Remember, smile is generated from within and later reflects on your face. A smiling face brings smile on face of others.
- Voice : Be enthusiastic while you talk. People love talking to enthusiastic people – clients, colleagues, family, friends – all love enthusiastic talks. If you are making a presentation on stage, move and cover the stage while you talk- this will make your presentation more interesting and you will be sounding and showing more enthusiasm in front of your audience.
3. Be the messenger of some good news :
We all love to hear good news from others. So try to use what a fantastic day today, what a fantastic news, what a nice strategy and things like that in your routine and see the difference for yourself.
I found today’s chapter very enlightening and interesting and I hope you liked reading it. Cheers!! 🙂
Another lesson from the inspirational book emphasized on the importance of giving. Yes, the more we give, the more we get. But the caution is that you should never give with the intention of getting else both, the charm and the fun get lost. The principle is simple and although, I have not really tried this on myself, works in the following way. If you sow maize, you will reap corn in harvest and you cannot get rice at all! Similarly, if you spend most of your time in criticizing and pointing out mistakes of others, you can expect the same to come back to you in some other form. Here comes the role of positive energy in the form of praiseworthy words for others, appreciating others, accepting and thanking others if they praise you and ignoring faults of others.
If we practice this one simple principle of only and only seeing positives in others and only appreciating them and if we pledge that we would not criticize others for 90 days, we will find a change in behavior of others around us. We shall be living a much satisfied and happier life in a relaxed environment.
I agree with this theory and intend to practice it in 2011. How about you?