It was a rainy Monday today and since I was suffering from cough and cold, I decided to try tomato soup recipe. Knorr soup or other ready-made soups have their own disadvantages and health related concerns. So, I thought about making a healthy tomato soup at home. Continue reading
I love experimenting with food and I am proud to share my favorite innovation -Salty cookies with toppings of tomato, milk cream and tomato sauce. It is my favorite late night snack and I have served this to many guests who have found the combination interesting!
Here is a formal recipe:
Ingredients: One Packet of Salted Cookies (Such as Monaco), Tomato, Tomato Sauce, Milk Cream
Procedure: Take a pack of Monaco Cookies and arrange the cookies evenly on a plate. Now pour a little cream on all the cookies. Next, cut slices of fresh tomato and arrange them on the cookies. Finally, add a drop of tomato sauce on each cookie and the dish is ready! Yes, it just takes 5 minutes to prepare this!
Precaution: You need to consume the dish within 15-20 minutes of preparation, else the cookies will melt with sauce.. But who will wait for that long? 🙂
Try it for yourself and enjoy!
- Cooked or steamed rice
- Chopped Vegetables of your choice like peas, carrot, tomato, onion, capsicum, cauliflower etc
- Spices : Haldi , Garam Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Salt to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Dhania Leaves
- Kadi-patta leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Take a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot, add to it finely chopped onion. Add chopped tomatoes to when the onion starts changing color to light pink.
- Now add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder(haldi), one fourth a teaspoon of red chilli powder, a pinch of garam masala and stir the mixture.
- Add about 250 ml of water to the mixture and add finely chopped vegetables of your choice and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now when only little gravy is left in the cooked vegetables, add to them the left over rice and stir uniformly so that the vegetables and rice mix with each other.
- You can also add 1 or 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce for flavoring.
- You can add dhania and kadi patta leaves as a dressing after emptying the ingredients in a plate and serve hot.
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes
- Red Chilli Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
How to go about it ?
Take adequate amount of besan in a bowl. Mix in it few teaspoons of maida, a pinch of baking soda, salt, red chilli powder, little milk and water to make a thick mixture. Keep mixture aside for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Now take some oil in a hot pan and pour the mixture. Spread it uniformly in circular motion. Let it cook and then turn it around to cook it on other side. You can serve Chilla hot along with tomato sauce and use grated radish for garnishing.
Maggi with Indian Tadka
I am quite experimental with cooking and here is how I experimented with Maggi and the results were nice. Hope you may also love it.
Ingredients: Maggi Vegetable Noodles, Chopped vegetables- Carrot, cabbage, onion, capsicum; Red Chilly seeds (Similar to one by pizza hut), Normal oil (Dhara)
Procedure: Take a pan. Pour 2 teaspoons oil. Add red chillie powder. Add vegetables and cook them for about 1 min till they turn little yellowish. Now add water as per maggi pack size. Now add maggi masala maker. Stir the mizture well. To this add tomato sauce/puree. Now add maggi noodles. Stir the mixture and cook it till water dehydrates. Your maggi in Indian style is ready!!
Hope you try this dish and enjoy the twist in taste.