- Cooked or steamed rice
- Chopped Vegetables of your choice like peas, carrot, tomato, onion, capsicum, cauliflower etc
- Spices : Haldi , Garam Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Salt to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Dhania Leaves
- Kadi-patta leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Take a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot, add to it finely chopped onion. Add chopped tomatoes to when the onion starts changing color to light pink.
- Now add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder(haldi), one fourth a teaspoon of red chilli powder, a pinch of garam masala and stir the mixture.
- Add about 250 ml of water to the mixture and add finely chopped vegetables of your choice and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now when only little gravy is left in the cooked vegetables, add to them the left over rice and stir uniformly so that the vegetables and rice mix with each other.
- You can also add 1 or 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce for flavoring.
- You can add dhania and kadi patta leaves as a dressing after emptying the ingredients in a plate and serve hot.
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes