It was a rainy Monday today and since I was suffering from cough and cold, I decided to try tomato soup recipe. Knorr soup or other ready-made soups have their own disadvantages and health related concerns. So, I thought about making a healthy tomato soup at home. Continue reading
- Cooked or steamed rice
- Chopped Vegetables of your choice like peas, carrot, tomato, onion, capsicum, cauliflower etc
- Spices : Haldi , Garam Masala, Red Chilli Powder, Salt to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Dhania Leaves
- Kadi-patta leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Take a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot, add to it finely chopped onion. Add chopped tomatoes to when the onion starts changing color to light pink.
- Now add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder(haldi), one fourth a teaspoon of red chilli powder, a pinch of garam masala and stir the mixture.
- Add about 250 ml of water to the mixture and add finely chopped vegetables of your choice and let them cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now when only little gravy is left in the cooked vegetables, add to them the left over rice and stir uniformly so that the vegetables and rice mix with each other.
- You can also add 1 or 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce for flavoring.
- You can add dhania and kadi patta leaves as a dressing after emptying the ingredients in a plate and serve hot.
Cooking Time : 10-15 minutes
- Red Chilli Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
How to go about it ?
Take adequate amount of besan in a bowl. Mix in it few teaspoons of maida, a pinch of baking soda, salt, red chilli powder, little milk and water to make a thick mixture. Keep mixture aside for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Now take some oil in a hot pan and pour the mixture. Spread it uniformly in circular motion. Let it cook and then turn it around to cook it on other side. You can serve Chilla hot along with tomato sauce and use grated radish for garnishing.