In yet another chapter of the inspirational book – “अपनी क्षमताओं को पहचानें – स्किप रॉस और कैरोल सी कार्लसन”, I read about the role of enthusiasm in one’s life. Yes, the enthusiasm with which little kinder garten kids ask questions and participate in various activities. It seems that with growing age, all of us have lost the enthusiasm(at least I felt so)!
The word enthusiasm is derived from Greek word enthios which means God resides within us and He creates enthusiasm within us. When we are enthusiastic, it shows in how we work, talk or even walk!
So let us look at various steps to bring enthusiasm in one’s life :
- Do your homework well
Whenever we have to do any work on any subject – be it a simple example of visiting a place, we must get complete information about how to reach, tourist places, what to do, weather and much more to make our trip most enjoyable. Similarly, whenever we want to be enthusiastic about anything, first gather complete information and interest develops and we become enthusiastic.
2. Do every task with full enthusiasm
Our enthusiasm shows in every work we do.
- Walking : An enthusiastic person walks fast and stands straight. If you bend your eyes and shoulders while walking, it indicates you are not enthusiastic.
- Hand Shake : A proper hand shake is one which gently presses the hand. Whenever anyone takes your hand in both his hands, it shows the person respects you and you are special for the person.
- Smile : Yes, smile wins half the battle. A person who keeps smiling becomes the point of attraction for others. We must smile as much as we can and I do not mean laughing or giggling at others. If you are in grief and do not have any reason to smile, try to generate a reason. Look at the mirror and practice for that perfect smile. Remember, smile is generated from within and later reflects on your face. A smiling face brings smile on face of others.
- Voice : Be enthusiastic while you talk. People love talking to enthusiastic people – clients, colleagues, family, friends – all love enthusiastic talks. If you are making a presentation on stage, move and cover the stage while you talk- this will make your presentation more interesting and you will be sounding and showing more enthusiasm in front of your audience.
3. Be the messenger of some good news :
We all love to hear good news from others. So try to use what a fantastic day today, what a fantastic news, what a nice strategy and things like that in your routine and see the difference for yourself.
I found today’s chapter very enlightening and interesting and I hope you liked reading it. Cheers!! 🙂